Installation of 3 new machine tools for third parties mechanical machining.
In line with its progressive outlook, Galbiati Group has chosen to make the qualitative leap towards the “fourth industrial revolution”. A range of different and interconnected technologies will be used within the framework of Industry 4.0 to maximise efficiency of the company in order to improve production and boost output. Against the backdrop of a period of economic recovery, our company has decided to launch an integrated industry 4.0-oriented project, allowing us to leverage the latest digital technologies to grow our business and identify new markets by means of IoT tools and 4.0 technologies.
As in all revolutions, the point of departure is the result of a process of change affecting individuals first and foremost and extending to encompass the entire organisation. That’s why it is of fundamental importance to roll out dedicated training initiatives for the personnel involved.
Galbiati Group is planning to create a “4.0 laboratory”, which will be equipped with three state-of-the-art PAMA chip removal machines, to be set up here in our workshops.
The arrival of these 3 new machine tools for high precision contract machining will allow Galbiati to create a “smart factory”, focusing on Simulation between interconnected machines to optimise processes (Industrial Internet), on multidirectional communication between manufacturing processes and products, and on the analysis of a large database (Big Data and Analytics) to optimise products and manufacturing processes.
These 3 new machine tools fully satisfy industry 4.0 requirements:
- CNC and/or PLC control;
- Interconnection with factory IT systems allowing remote loading of instructions and programs;
- Automated integration with the factory logistics system or supply network and/or with other machines in the production cycle;
- Simple and intuitive human-machine interface;
- Compliance with the latest occupational health, safety and hygiene guidelines.
Introduction of these three machine tools will result in the creation of a fully functional laboratory in compliance with industry 4.0 standards, also by implementing a dedicated tool management and traceability program, a tool magazine, and a scheduler.
With the introduction of these three new machines, Galbiati Group hopes to achieve multiple goals in the field of contract machining:
- greater flexibility by manufacturing small batches,
- higher speed from prototype to mass production by making use of innovative technologies,
- increased productivity thanks to decreased loss in production from machine downtime,
- higher quality and fewer rejects thanks to sensors that monitor production in real time,
- more competitive products through enhanced functionality deriving from the Internet of Things.
Let’s take a closer look at the new machine tools to be installed:
1. PAMA SPEEDRAM 1000 HP BORING CENTRE = Floor type boring/milling machine, with 12,000 mm longitudinal travel, 3,500 mm vertical travel and total spindle travel of 2,400 mm
2. PAMA SPEEDMAT 3800/TR 25 BORING CENTRE = Floor type boring/milling machine, with 4,000 mm longitudinal travel, 2,500 mm vertical travel and total spindle travel of 2,700 mm.
3. PAMA SPEEDMAT VMT2= Machining centre with 2,000 mm longitudinal travel, 1,300 mm vertical travel and maximum spindle speed of 12,500 rpm.
Photos of machine tools will follow when they are installed in Galbiati workshops.